Monday 13 September 2010

The last of London...si tragique!

Ok, I'm back...finally!!! I know that you've all missed me and wondered where I've been, right? Well, maybe not, but I'm here nonetheless. I'm back in the States now, but there are many photos of food and other fun things from London and the rest of Europe to post. So, instead of having one giant post, I will have several to separate it all. I'll start with my last few days in London, so it will probably be a bit sentimental. Heidi and I were left there for a few days on our own after most of our group went home to the States. We were due to start a tour of the EU in a couple days in Germany so we were just relaxing and enjoying our last few days in London.
So, here's a photo of the street that I lived on in London. It's pretty posh, right? There were always nice cars, pretty people, and maids wandering about. I absolutely adored living here!









The street was called York Terrace East. The letters 'C.E.P.C.' stand for 'Crown Estate Paving Commission.' The N.W.1. is part of the postal code for our street. The entire post code is NW1 4PT. The 4PT part is specifically for our street and the NW1 stands for northwest London.






So, this is our room and my bed specifically. I'm sort of a mess if you can't tell. I'm hopeless at organisation in the personal sense. When it comes to work or something I'm fine, but if it's just for me I just can't be bothered. Also, in my defense I was packing to leave London at this point.






Here's a shot of the small corridor that was outside of our room. We lived in the basement and we had a window-door that led to this. Not too glamorous, but still cool. Sometimes we would see obnoxious school children running by in the morning, which could be somewhat shocking if one was standing in front of the window-door in their pants!









I finally took a photo of one of the typical meals that I would eat at the ISH restaurant, the cafeteria at the International Students House. A jacket potato with baked beans (which are nothing like American-style baked beans) and a green side salad. The salad doesn't come with dressing, which is rather annoying and the potato is usually dry and old, but other than that it is delish! At least the beans are always good and the cafeteria staff are super nice. If you're ever in London, definitely stay at ISH!


So, these next two photos are the last of the Ms. Cupcake action until I get back to London (hopefully in the spring!). The first one to the right here is 'chocolate mint.' It was great - ultra minty with a piece of mint candy on top. The bottom one is 'betterscotch fudge,' which was absolutely divine! It had a rich and creamy flavour along with a piece of gooey fudge on top! YUM!



I ate this one for breakfast the day I left London...bittersweet!



These two pictures are of a vegan jerky that I bought at Vx before I left London. They are called 'Chunkies' and this is the teriyaki flavour. They were very tasty and a good snack to eat on the train from Brussels to Frankfurt. They look kind of dry in the photo, but trust they were yummy!
So, that's all from London. The posts that follow will be of my educational tour of the European Union. I will have a post to cover Heidelberg, Strasbourg, Trier, and Brussels. I can't wait for you to read all about it!

No comments:

Post a Comment