Monday 26 July 2010

Hmmm...Hair & Cadiz = sand everywhere!

So, what have I been doing for the past week might you be wondering? Well, Monday night, Heidi and I went to see Hair and before we did that we ate at Food for Thought, one of London's oldest vegetarian restaurants.

Here was my main dish, a lovely sweet potato stew - it was so delicious that it made me want to eat baby corn, which I usually despise. You can also see my yummy organic apple juice in the background. Food for Thought was a very cute place, situated partially in a basement on Neal St. near Covent Garden.







Here was the plum-pear crisp that I had for dessert. Notice how it came in a dish that was nearly the same size as my entree. What a novel idea. It was delicious by the way, just what I needed for dessert!







After we were finished at the cafe, we headed over to a pub for a pint, and then over to the Gielgud Theatre to see Hair. We got student price tickets for £25, but ended up getting front row seats. This equated to me getting my head rubbed by one of the actors, holding someone's jeans for about fifteen minutes, and Heidi and I getting to go dance on stage at the end. It was absolutely phenomenal and so worth going to see!


On Thursday, Heidi, Lindsey, and I went to Cadiz, Spain for a nice, warm holiday. Cadiz is in the south of Spain and had extremely warm, sunny weather the entire time we were there. We spent the whole of Friday and most of Saturday on the beach. We would have stayed longer on Saturday, but it was just too windy and we kept getting covered in sand. We just went back to the hostel for a long siesta instead! Here is a photo of me in front of the beach area.





Another nice photo of the ocean/coastal area.











This was also near the coast - isn't it gorgeous?










For dinner on Saturday night we went to a Mexican restaurant. I know, Mexican food in Spain, but it was actually alright. Here is a photo of our 'Mexican Sangria,' which I think was sangria frozen like a margarita. It was delicious, but super strong!







This is the appetizer that I ordered - tortilla chips with a spicy red sauce, guacamole, and chopped tomatoes and onions - simple yet delicious!








And finally a photo of the strangest burrito you will ever see. First of all it was a vegetable burrito with a strange sauce that I don't really care to taste again. Then, look at the fluorescent rice! How do they do that? It tastes like normal rice, but has those weird colours - how strange!






Anyways, that's my life for now. I hope you're all having a wonderful summer, and enjoying the rain if you're in Wisconsin.

No comments:

Post a Comment