Wednesday 16 June 2010

Food...Finally!


So, I know I mentioned food in my last post. Well, the photos never got posted because I couldn't figure out how to get more than one without the post going crazy. Well, here it goes: this is what I have been eating. And here's a photo of Big Ben at around 21:30 (that's 9:30 PM for those of you who don't understand military time). I swear it never gets dark here!













So, this is typical lunch food over here to the left. Snap pea pods, peanut butter, blackcurrant jam, whole wheat bread, rice cakes, and a golden delicious apple.







So, this is an example of the nutrition facts label on my bread. See how they list everything for 100 g? On this one they also list it for one slice, which happens to be 25 g.

This is an example of 'front of pack' labeling that is starting to be enforced on many foods. I am assuming that the '15 g tbsp' that it is shown for is a portion or serving size, but it is never explicitly stated. It is also very difficult to find out what the size of one portion is of anything around here. Also, see the cute 'vegetarian' label on the right?




So, this one is what regular cheerios look like in the UK. In the states all of the Os are one colour. Here, even the regular cheerios are like the multi-grain variety. They are super tasty too!












Here is a photo of what the actual cheerios look like. What pretty colours!

Here, to the right are some of the soya products that I have been eating. Soya milk and soya yoghurt (I am trying to use British English spelling, so that I get accustomed to it for work - I hope most of you can still understand). Both are super yummy!

No comments:

Post a Comment