Sunday 20 June 2010

Thank God for Walking!

Eat, Eat, Eat! It seems that that is one of my main hobbies lately. I'm a bit like a caterpillar about to turn into a butterfly: trying to eat as much as possible in anticipation for some sort of metamorphosis...except for the fact that I'm full grown and there will be no transformation. Good thing we walk nearly everywhere here! On Friday, Heidi & I went to Neal's Yard Salad Bar for dinner. They have way more than just salads there! I had a Brazilian risotto that came with fried bananas and a fried potato thing. I also had some homemade chocolate soya soft serve 'ice cream.' Here's the photo of the risotto. I forgot to take one of the ice cream - it was just too exciting!

After having dinner in Soho, we went to a play called 'Holding the Man.' All I can really say about it was that it was extremely entertaining and if you ever get the chance to see it you really should. On Saturday, Heidi & I visited Camden Market to do some shopping and grab a bite to eat. We went to Marrakech, a Moroccan restaurant situated within Camden Market. We ate outside, so it was perfect for people watching. Since Camden Market is the number one tourist attraction in London, it was a great place to be able to see more strange people than one would ever think possible. Here is a photo of the tajine, pitta bread, and mint tea that I had to eat.














After we were finished at the market I stopped at InSpiral Lounge, an almost entirely vegan cafe, to grab a dessert to go. I got this huge, delicious chocolate chip cookie. I ate it dipped in soya milk and it was so, so good. I need to get back there for a meal sometime in the near future.







Here's a quick photo of Heidi & I sitting outside at Marrakech while we were people watching at Camden Market!











On Thursday when I went to Whole Foods I purchased some vegan chocolates. Well, here they are with the lovely background of my London city guide! Don't they look just fantastic?






Today, Heidi & I went to the Regent's Park and watched pigeons and people while drinking this £6 bottle of pinot grigio from Odd Bins on Marylebone High St. It was tasty and there were a lot of funny people at the park.














To the right is an example of the funny people at the park. These two girls holding the one shopping bag made us giggle. What did they buy that was too heavy for them to carry on their own? Or did they just want to make sure they didn't lose each other? The park wasn't that busy!

No comments:

Post a Comment